Before and After: Antique Chandelier




Here is a before and after technique using a gold antique chandelier. 

Before: 



My sister-in-law got this beauty for a house that she is buying. She absolutely loved the chandelier and how pretty it was but hated the fact that it was an old  brassy gold. 

She thought it was perfect for her daughter's nursery,  So she hired me to transform it.  The colors of the rest of the furniture in her nursery are creams,  peaches, metallic gold,  and metallic silver. Her crib is the Bratt Decor Chelsea crab and it's absolutely fabulous. 

I decided to go with the layering technique. I really like this method because it shows a variety of different colors very subtly: 

I started by painting the chandelier a very warm peach (after quickly priming).  And then over that coat I put Annie Sloan chalk paint in old white. 



I then sanded down the old white chalk paint so that it showed a little bit of peach and a little bit of the gold chandelier. 

After that I finished with a mixture of gold metallic paint, peach paint, and glaze and then dry brushed it on. Finally a quick coat of wax. Voilà!!!! 


So beautiful don't you think?? Perfect for anywhere and it completely transforms the space. 


Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment