Before and After - Dated Changing Table




My sister is having a baby. Horray! So with having a baby comes all the fun furniture buying. Not long after she found out she was pregnant, she sent me pictures of nurseries she thought she liked.

Well, she was wrong. I know her too well, and so I said, "Um, no. What you need to to have a modern nursery with some musical rock star vintage elements to it". (her and her husband are both in the music business).

So, I am helping design it!

As most people having a baby, they are trying to keep costs down as much as possible. So, because I am a painted, I suggested she get a changing table off Craigslist and I paint it some funky color to coordinate with her nursery.

My sister is not a bubble gum pink girl. Not. At. All. In fact, I really had to convince her to add pink to her nursery at all. Until I showed her a dark, red-pink. And she loved it. It's not girly-girly, but enough girly to warrant a fabulous nursery piece.

The Before: 
(iiiiccccccckkkkkkk) - Can you get any worse than the natural word color? (no offense)



The After: 


 Amazing what paint can do!!

What I did:

First, I painted it in hot pink chalk paint. I did three coats, because I wanted super coverage. Then I distressed it pretty well or the edges and also gave a quick sanding to smooth down the brush strokes. The I finished with a clear wax mixed with Annie Sloan Graphite paint. I have decided that while I love dark wax, I love mixing clear wax with paint even more. A fabulous added touch were the knobs from Hobby Lobby.

And there you have it. A changing table perfect for a rock star princess.






If you like what you see, please go like my facebook page, Le Petite Maison Shop!


Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment