Before/After - Antique Chest of Drawers

This one was a fun little project. I wanted to try my hand at two-toned.

Annie Sloan's paints blend beautifully. I think that's part of the reason why I tend to use it so much more than others. And, I also think that when I blend up paints in my little Tupperware, I feel more "artsy-fartsy".


Before/After:



This one was taken with my phone in my garage/work space. Apologies for the fuzziness!

So, I wish I could tell ya what the outside of this pretty chest was, but alas - I haven't got a clue. It's a little French Linen, a little Chateau Grey, and a little Coco I think?? It tuned into a fun darker taupe/olive. The drawers were painted in Old White, then everything got a clear and dark wax. The drawers were painted in Duck Egg Blue. I kept the original hardware, but just spray painted them a dark bronze.

I think it turned out fabulously! While I adore doing client's pieces, for obvious reasons, it's fun to pick up pieces off Craigslist to play around with different looks and techniques.






If you like what you see, please go like my facebook page, Le Petite Maison Shop!
 

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment