DIY Photo Canvas

One of the easiest projects you can do! Seriously!!


You can do it in a hour. Promise.  First off, get your canvases cheap.  I got the canvases BOGO at Michael's, so 4 canvases for $8.99. (Or you can use a coupon from their app) The scrapbook pages were on sale 2/$1. I then blew up 4 8x10 pics of them at Walgreens for $11 (You can probably print them at home but I wanted the best quality). Get some Mod Podge, and a paper cutter, and thats it! Seeing as typical 8x10 photo canvases are $30-40 each, I think this was a awesome DIY! 

First cover each canvas with Mod Podge. Then, I cut the strips of paper, and pasted them onto each side of the canvas. (cut the strips and the photos a teeny bit shorter - you want there to be white space)
  Then turn the picture over and cover that in Mod Podge as well. Then SMOOTHLY place the picture on your canvas and smooth out all the bubbles.  Then I applied Mod Podge to everything. (its white, but dries clear) all over the top and all. 





(dried)
Then I took a dry sponge and "sponged" paint onto the white areas of the canvas and along the sides of the picture to kind of "blend" it together so its looks like its not a DIY craft, lol. Its supposed to look antiquey and shabby chic. You can use any color. I used white. 



Then let dry! All in all, it took about 2 hours to complete,and I couldn't be more happy with it. I also printed out their inital and framed it above the canvases.




Here is the finished project in their nursery! Fabu!




(showing the sides of the canvas)

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment